Extra Marital Affairs Statistics
- Source: http://www.menstuff.org/issues/byissue/infidelitystats.html
- 22 percent of men and 14 percent of women admitted to having sexual relations outside their marriage sometime in their past.
- 22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
- 14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.
- Younger people are more likely candidates; in fact, younger women are as likely as younger men to be unfaithful.
- 70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses' extramarital activity.
- Affairs affect one of every 2.7 couples, according to counselor Janis Abrahms Spring, author of After the Affair,as reported
by the Washington Post on March 30, 1999. Ten percent of extramarital affairs last one day, 10 percent last more than one day
but less than a month, 50 percent last more than a month but less than a year, but 40 percent last two or more years. Few
extramarital affairs last more than four years.
- A lesser known fact is that those who divorce rarely marry the person with whom they are having the affair. For example, Dr.
Jan Halper’s study of successful men (executives, entrepreneurs, professionals) found that very few men who have affairs
divorce their wife and marry their lovers. Only 3 percent of the 4,100 successful men surveyed eventually married their
- One-third of divorce litigation is caused by online affairs. This Is An Internet E-Mergency, The Fortino Group
Experts say that a gut instinct is the most powerful indicator of a cheating lover. Adultery statistics state that 85% of
woman who feel their lover is cheating are correct. 50% of men who feel their lover is cheating are right. The first clue is
seldom obvious. Typically, it's a "feeling" that something is different.
- Cheating spouse statistics confirm that 50 and 70 percent of married men (between 38 and 53 million men) have cheated or will
cheat on their wives. One study found that 2/3 of the wives (26 to 36 million women) whose husbands were cheating had no idea
their husbands were having an affair - largely because they failed to recognize the telltale signs.
- TruthAboutDeception.com : A Very Helpful Resource for learning about cheating. This website offers a wide variety of helpful
and informative topics, advice, and quizzes.
- Infidelity Quiz: http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/quizzes/public/potential_for_cheating_index.html
- Signs of Cheating: To obtain a list of warning signs that applies to your relationship, answer the questions using the form
below (some guessing may be required). http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/catch_cheating/public/signs_of_infidelity.html
- Should I hire a Private Investigator? http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/question/quick_answer/cheating_spouse_hire_pi.html